In joining the Doula Association of Ireland prospective members also agree to abide by our code of ethics. Please ensure that you have read these terms and are happy to incorporate them in your work before sending in your application form.
To complete membership, the following information is required:
- a letter of reference from a birth professional (eg. Midwife, LLL leader, Cuidiú, IBCLC, DAI member).
- your training certificate with your particular course/prospectus.
- a signed copy agreeing to abide by the DAI Code of Ethics. Please ensure that you have read these terms and are happy to incorporate them in your work before sending in your application form.
- a copy of your professional indemnity insurance policy.
- Persons applying for full membership as a registered doula (RD) should also enclose three written birth reports as per DAI birth report format (available from the Secretary) and a copy of the client confidentiality release form for each of the three clients. Not more than one of the births shall have been a Caesarean Section, and in such a case the Doula is required to have provided pre & post operative support at the hospital.
The Secretary will process your application and once accepted you will be sent payment details for annual membership fees.